Student Support Services
- Main Page for Campus Information
- Student Support Services
- GCC IDs
- Campus Safety & Security
- Food & Drink
- Student Study Areas
- Computer Labs
- Google Suite
Student Support Services
Student Support Services (SSS)
The Student Support Services office is designed to maintain a secure campus community environment conducive to positive learning for students.
Please note: SSS has temporarily relocated to C-1
Student Support Services is committed to provide security, instructional assistance, and other necessary support services to enhance an environment conducive to learning for students.
*Requires sign in: Restricted to users in Guam Community College and trusted domains
> Room Utilization Request Form*
> Class Notification Form* (Canceled/Moved/Postponed)
> Incident Report
> Off-Campus Instructional Activity Form*
> Waiver of Liability Form
- Identification Card: Students, faculty, and staff must have a valid GCC identification card. Students are required to present a college receipt showing proof of registration for the current semester. Students are required to obtain a GCC ID card within two (2) weeks of the current semester.
- Night Administration: The College provides limited after-hour support for students and faculty in the form of night administration, located at the SSS Office. The Night Administrator is the designated manager of the college during the evening hours and all activities or requests for assistance must be coordinated with the Night Administrator.
- Security Services: GCC contracts the services of a private security company to provide security on campus. Security activities are coordinated by Student Support Services. Security personnel are located at the SSS Office and their main mission is to protect our GCC Community. Security also assists students, faculty and staff with traffic control, accidents and incidents that occur on campus.
- Lost & Found: Lost & found items are accepted at the Student Support Services Office, all items will be logged in. Students, staff, and/or visitors claiming lost & found must present a valid ID and describe the item(s) lost.
- Policy on Substance Abuse: NO controlled substance and alcoholic beverages allowed on campus.
- Smoke-Free Campus: GCC is a TOBACCO FREE (including e-cigarettes!) and BETEL NUT FREE campus based on Board Policy 175.
- Student Complaint: Any complaints regarding students, employees or visitors on campus can be made at the Student Support Services Office during hours of operations. These complaints could include: harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. Complaints will be reviewed by the Associate Dean or Designee and will be processed accordingly.
- Student Code of Conduct: GCC has broad responsibilities for the education of the student and the upholding of the College’s behavioral standards, which are considered an integral part of the educational process. GCC expects that each student will obey federal and territorial laws as well as the College’s regulations. Any act that interferes with the rights of others, disrupts or impairs the normal functioning of the College, damages or destroys property, or impairs health or safety is grounds for disciplinary action (Student Handbook, 2021-2022).
- Student Grievance Procedure: Students who encounter problems, which cannot be resolved directly with the College instructor or other personnel involved, or who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of color, age, sex, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation or Disability condition (Student Handbook, 2021-2022).
- Emergency Procedures: GCC has set procedures that should always be followed in order to preserve the safety and security of all students and employees. Signs with the following information are posted on all entrance/exit doors throughout the campus.
- In any life-threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- After providing that information to 911, please call Student Support Services at 671-735-5555 and/or the Environmental Health & Safety Officer at 671-788-2223.
- In any other emergency, please call Student Support Services at 671-735-5555 and/or the Environmental Health & Safety Officer at 671-788-2223.
- Evacuation Procedures: Due to numerous circumstances that would be cause for evacuation, it is extremely important that you follow your instructor’s directions for evacuating your building, including where to congregate. Evacuation maps are located at the entrance/exit of each room.
After Hours, Campus Security
Pacific Island Security Agency 24 hours Dispatch Office, 671-637-8084
On-Call Substitute for Career & Technical Education for Satellite Schools
Substitute request must be made 3 days prior to date of Substitute need. Exceptions are granted for unexpected illness or emergency purposes only. Substitutes are limited therefore, requests are processed on a first come basis.
Student Success Center
Guam Community College (GCC) continuously seeks to improve support services for our students. A Student Success Center (SSC) is available to students with a current GCC ID. The SSC is located in the Student Support Services (SSS) Office. The SSC is equipped with five computer stations and a printer to accommodate students' needs. The SSC is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Arjay A. Reyes, Program Specialist
- Jacqueline Guzman, Program Coordinator
- Joseph Bamba, School Aide
- Reimar Esteban, Administrative Aide
- Megann Rojas, Administrative Aide
School of Technology & Student Services
- Michael L. Chan, Ed.D., Dean, Technology & Student Services
- Gerald A.B. Cruz, Associate Dean, Technology & Student Services
Students are required to get Health Clearance prior to registration. This clearance includes these immunization requirements: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Tetanus & Diphtheria (TD), and TB Skin Test.