- You are on...
Main Page for Accreditation
Success StoriesThe Guam Community College's application for the reaffirmation of its accreditation status by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) has been approved for a full seven years - the maximum period allowable. The Commission examined the institutional evidence of student learning and achievement, the Institutional Self Evaluation Report, the External Evaluation Report, and documents from previous evaluations and determined that GCC complies with the Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, and Commission policies. On June 13, 2018, the College received notice from ACCJC of its action to reaffirm accreditation. You may review the 2018 External Evaluation Report and the 2018 Accreditation Notification Letter from ACCJC President Dr. Richard Winn posted below.
Accreditation DetailsGuam Community College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA. 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at:
Documents describing the accreditation of the College may be examined at the Vice President for Academic Affairs’ office. Please contact the Vice President for further information or to make arrangements to examine the accreditation documents.
Program AccreditationThe Associate of Arts in Culinary Arts program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation's (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission, which is recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Initial accreditation was granted on December 31, 2014. A reaffirmation of accreditation of the Culinary Arts program was granted on February 2, 2018 and will expire on December 31, 2022.
For filing of complaints against member institutions, you may contact the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation's (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission at 180 Center Place Way, St. Augustine, Florida 32095, telephone: (800) 624-9458, email: email@example.com.
ACCREDITATION REPORT ARCHIVES
- GCC ACCJC Accreditation Certificate
- 2018 Accreditation Notification Letter (ACCJC)
- 2018 ACCJC GCC External Evaluation Report
- 2018 Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER)
- 2018 ISER Evidence (1.1G compressed zip file)
- 2015 Midterm Report Acceptance Letter (ACCJC)
- 2015 Midterm Report Cover Memo
- 2015 Midterm Report
- 2012 Accreditation Notification Letter (ACCJC)
- 2012 Evaluation Report (ACCJC)
- 2012 Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER)
- 2012 Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) Update
- 2009 Midterm Report Letter (ACCJC)
- 2009 Midterm Report
- 2009 Midterm Report Appendices
- 2006 Accreditation Notification Letter (ACCJC)
- 2006 Evaluation Report (ACCJC)
- 2005 Accreditation Report
- 2003 Midterm Report Letter (ACCJC)
- 2002 Midterm Report
- 2000 Evaluation Report (ACCJC)
- 1994 Evaluation Report (ACCJC)