Student Support Services
- Main Page for Campus Information
- Student Support Services
- GCC IDs
- Campus Safety & Security
- Food & Drink
- Student Study Areas
- Computer Labs
- Google Suite
Student Support Services
After Hours, Campus Security:
Pacific Island Security Agency 24 hours Dispatch Office, 637-8084
Student Support Services
The Student Support Services office is designed to maintain a secure campus community environment conducive to positive learning for students.
Student Support Services is committed to provide security, instructional assistance, and other necessary support services to enhance an environment conducive to learning for students.
*Requires sign in: Restricted to users in Guam Community College and trusted domains
> Room Utilization Request Form*
> Cancelled Class Form*
> Incident Report
> Off-campus Instructional Activity Form*
> Vending Machine Claim
- Identification Card:Students, faculty, and staff must have a valid GCC identification card. Students are required to present a college receipt showing proof of registration for the current semester.Students are required to obtain a GCC ID card within two (2) weeks of the current semester.
- Night Administration :The College provides limited after-hour support for students and faculty in the form of night administration, located in Building "B". The Night Administrator is the designated manager of the college during the evening hours and all activities or requests for assistance must be coordinated with the Night Administrator.
- Security Services: GCC contracts the services of a private security company to provide security on campus. Security activities are coordinated by Student Support Services.Security personnel are located in Building "B" and their main mission is to protect our GCC Community. Security also assists students, faculty and staff with traffic control, accidents and incidents that occur on campus.
- Lost & Found: Lost & found items are accepted at the Student Support Services Office in Building "B", all items will be logged in. Students, staff, and/or visitors claiming lost & found must present a valid ID and describe the item(s) lost.
- Policy on Substance Abuse:NO controlled substance and alcoholic beverages allowed on campus.
- Smoke-Free Campus: GCC is a TOBACCO FREE (including e-cigarettes!) and BETEL NUT FREE campus based on Board Policy 175.
- Student Compliant:Any complaints regarding students, employees or visitors on campus can be made at the Student Support Services Office during hours of operations. These complaints could include: harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. Complaints will be reviewed by the Associate Dean or Designee and will be processed accordingly.
- Student Code of Conduct:GCC has broad responsibilities for the education of the student and the upholding of the College’s behavioral standards, which are considered an integral part of the educational process. GCC expects that each student will obey federal and territorial laws as well as the College’s regulations. Any act that interferes with the rights of others, disrupts or impairs the normal functioning of the College, damages or destroys property, or impairs health or safety is grounds for disciplinary action (Student Handbook, 2017-2018).
- Student Grievance Procedure: Students who encounter problems, which cannot be resolved directly with the College instructor or other personnel involved, or who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of color, age, sex, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation or Disability condition (Student Handbook, 2019-2020).
Policies Regarding Disciplinary Action & Student Rights
- Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action
- Discrimination Complaints
- Violence in the Workplace
- Sexual Assault Policy
Due to numerous circumstances that would be cause for evacuation, it is extremely important that you follow your instructor’s directions for evacuating your building, including where to congregate. Evacuation maps are located at the entrance/exit of each room.
On-Call Substitute for Career & Technical Education for Satellite Schools
Substitut e request must be made 3 days prior to date of Substitute need. Exceptions are granted for unexpected illness or emergency purposes only. Substitutes are limited therefore, requests are processed on a first come basis.
Student Success Center
Guam Community College (GCC) continuously seeks to improve support services for our students. AStudent Success Center (SSC)is available to students with a current GCC ID. TheSSC islocated in the Student Support Services (SSS) Office in Building B. The SSC is equipped with five computer stations and a printer to accommodate students' needs. The SSC is available on a first come, first served basis.
School of Technology & Student Services
- Michael L. Chan, Ed.D., Dean, Technology & Student Services
- R. Gary Hartz, Associate Dean, Technology & Student Services
- James Fathal, Program Specialist/Night Administrator
- Johanna Camacho, Program Coordinator
- Joseph Bamba, Support Staff
- Joshua Perez, Support Staff
Students are required to get Health Clearance prior to registration. This clearance includes these immunization requirements: Measles, Mumps, Rubella and TB Skin Test.