Please allow 1–2 weeks in advance before your event/meeting date. This allows your audience to plan ahead.
Announcements must be approved by your Student Organization Advisor, Supervisor, or Dean before submission. Other obligations such as event approval or clearances from the Center for Student Involvement, organizing committee, dean, or supervisor is your responsibility.
Email your announcement to email@example.com Must use your guamcc.edu to submit your announcement.
If you have an ad / flyer that you would like to partner with your announcement, scroll down to read more on Ad / Flyer guidelines.
Email the following information:
Who should see your announcement?
- Campus Community (Includes: All Students and Employees)
- Faculty (Instructors)
- All Employees
- Event Name / Subject Title
- What / Description / Purpose for Event
- When / Date / Time / Deadline
- Where / Location
- Who can attend this event?
- Contact Information: Name / Title / Organization / Office / Email / Phone / Web Link
Additional info you may consider including
Website Links / Logos / Registration / Deadlines / Requirements / Run Dates / Open to the Public / Students Only / Restrictions / Who & Where to Submit / First Come, First Served / Pricing / Attire / Meeting Area / Show-Up Time / Entrance Area / Parking Area / Delivery & Drop-Off Location or Time / Things To Bring / Restrictions / Accommodations
Ad / Flyer Guidelines
- If you have an ad/flyer, attach it to the email. Please indicate if ad/fyer is for approval or for both approval and posting. The flyer/ad must include the information that was provided above (Announcement Guide: Title & Details) and must not leave out important details regarding your event.
- Ad/flyer for social media must be sized to 1:1 (700p x 700p) or larger and story size 16:9 Vertical/ Portrait (1920p x 1080p) or larger
- Please ensure that the fonts are large enough to be read on a mobile device and that spelling and information are accurate.
- Accepted formats: (Images) JPG or PNG / (Video) MP4 or MOV. Videos cannot have music unless the video creator provides a copy of the License Agreement from the owner or proof that audio is Non-Copyrighted.
- All GCC–related events must include the GCC Logo or GCC Program Logo. Student Organization Logos must be accompanied by the Main GCC Logo.
- Avoid using “free QR generators” when creating QR codes. Instead, use the QR provided by Google Chrome. This can be retrieved on the top right corner of an address bar or when you share a web link on your mobile device. This is to ensure that QR links do not direct anyone to a malicious/obscene website or contain ads when being scanned for the safety and security of everyone.
If you plan to document your event by taking pictures and videos, please add the following disclaimer at the bottom of your flyer in small print.
By participating in Guam Community College (GCC) events, GCC reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any organized or sponsored event, without permission of those included within the photograph/video. GCC may use photographs/videos taken from the event in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by GCC, including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, newspapers, magazines, presentations, websites, social media etc... A person attending a GCC event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact GCC at (STUDENT ORGANIZATION/DEPARTMENT'S POINT OF CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS HERE), in writing of his/her intentions.
Sample Ad or a Flyer (Optional)
Template Files (Coming Soon)
Details on this page are always being updated. Please refer to this page when posting or creating ads/flyers. Thank you!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org