Adult Education Programs
- You are on...
Main Page for Adult Education Programs
- Adult High School Diploma Program
- English as a Second Language
- General Educational Development
Adult Education Programs
The mission of the Adult Education Program (ABE, AHS, & ESL) is to prepare adult learners with the essential knowledge and skills needed to obtain their diploma or high school equivalency, transition into postsecondary education and training without remediation, and become more efficient and productive members of society and the workforce.
Basic Literacy (Adult Basic Education)
The basic literacy courses are designed to assist students who score below a 239 in Reading and below a 236 in Math in the CASAS Assessment test to help develop and improve their skills needed for employment and in preparation to go through the Adult High School Diploma program or take the GED® exam.
Adult High School Diploma (AHSD)
The AHSD offers eligible individuals the opportunity to earn credits toward their diploma while receiving education and training, in preparation for the workplace and/or postsecondary education.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
ESL courses are designed to assist English Language Learners (ELL) develop and improving their reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. English language acquisition programs must also help ELLs obtain a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent and support them as they move toward furthering their education, training, or employment.
Who is eligible?
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must NOT be enrolled OR required to be enrolled in any high school
- Must be a US citizen or alien resident
What do I bring?
- Valid Government Issued ID (Guam ID, Driver's license, Passport, etc.)
- Social Security card
- Official High School transcript (for those interested in the AHSD program)
How do I sign up?
- Visit us at the Foundation building, second floor
- Fill out the intake form
- Schedule to take the CASAS Assessment test
- Click on the Adult Education Service Inquiry and we'll contact you at the next appointed time
What is the CASAS Assessment test?
CASAS stands for Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System for Adult Education. Individuals will be tested in Reading and Math and those who complete the CASAS assessment are advised of their scores and appropriate educational path, whether that be the Adult High School Diploma program or the GED®.
Please put aside 180 minutes for the test to make sure you are placed in the appropriate class level.
Are you interested in getting some tutoring before taking the Assessment test? Click HERE and schedule now!