- You are on...
Main Page for Tourism & Hospitality Department
The Hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing segments of our economy and employs over 10 million food service workers in the United States. The expansion and growth of hotels, restaurants, tour companies, airlines, tourist attraction facilities, and related services have created vast career opportunities in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Associate of Science in Tourism & Travel Management
Associate of Science in International Hotel Management
The mission of the A.S. in Tourism & Travel Management program is to provide students with general knowledge, technical skills, and professional attitude necessary to be successful in the Tourism and Travel field.
The mission of the A.S. in International Hotel Management is to prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for a successful career in the hospitality industry.
All students who declare a major are assigned an Academic Advisor. Students are strongly urged to visit your advisor, who can help you draft an educational plan with course sequencing that meets your personal, academic, and career goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and work ethics as it relates to the tourism and travel industry.
- Explain the nature, characteristics, and the inter-relationship between component parts of the tourism system.
- Create a career plan identifying additional training needed for professional success.
Upon successful completion of the A.S. in International Hotel Management, students will be able to:
- Summarize supervisory skills for the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate customer service and hotel operations skills.
- Evaluate the importance of the hospitality industry to the global economy.