State Agency Office
State Agency Office
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II Adult Education & Literacy
Guam Community College is the State Agency responsible for administering and providing adult education programs - Basic Skills, English-as-a-Second Language, Adult High School, and Literacy - on Guam. Services to adult learners, in pursuit of their life-long goal, promote successful completion of secondary education and transition from academia to employment or to a post-secondary career and technical program.
Below is Guam's WIOA State Plan for the Territory of Guam, Consolidated Annual Report,and the most recent references. Specifics to the Adult Education and Family Literacy Program can be found beginning on page 98 of the Territory's Plan.
- Guam's Submission as of April 2016 WIOA State Plan for the Territory of Guam
- Guide for Writing a Proposal for WIOA Title II. Adult Education and Literacy Program
- Consolidated Annual Report- Program Year 2018
- Additional References
- CASAS Assessment Accommodations
- CASAS NRS Tables 1-5
- CASAS Skill Level Descriptors for ABE
- Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion-Low Tier Covered Transaction
- College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education, Susan Pimentel 2013
- Cover Sheet- Internal for WIOA, Title II Adult Education and Literacy
- Cover Sheet- External for WIOA, Title II Adult Education and Literacy
- Federal Register Vol.81, No. 239, February 5, 2018 - Tests Determined To Be Suitable for Use in the National Reporting System for Adult Education
- Federal Register Vol.81, No. 161, September 21, 2018 - Test Determined To Be Suitable for Use in the National Reporting System for Adult Education
- General Provisions for Selected Items of Cost Uniform Administrative Requirements Cost Principles - Section 200.420 to Section 200.475 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (OMB, December 26, 2013)
- Guam Combined State Plan Deficiencies
- Instructions for U.S Department of Education Supplemental Information for the SF-424
- Rules and Regulations Federal Register Vol. 80, No. 211- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; Direct Grant Programs
- Special - Grant Budget Form
- Technical Assistance Workshop WIOA, Title II, Adult Education and Literacy- Grant Application Checklist
- US Department of Education Supplement Information for the SF-424
- WIOA Public Law 113-128 - July 22, 2014
- WIOA Technical Assistance Workshop 2019 PowerPoint
- WIOA Title II Funded ABE, ASE, and ASL - EEL Programs - CASAS Educational Functioning Levels
- WIOA, Title II Adult Education and Literacy Act Assessment Policy Guidelines 2020-2023
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Measurable Skills Gains Proposed Target 18-19
- P.L No. 34-104 Compulsory Age
Contact the State Agency staff listed below regarding Guam's adult education program. You may also contact the Adult Education Office (735-6016) for information on classes for Basic Skills, English-as-a-Second Language, Adult High School, or Family Literacy.
Contact InformationDoris C.U. Perez, Assistant Director and HSE Administrator
Location: Room 2209, 2nd Floor, Student Services and Administrative Building (Bldg. 2000)
Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Monday through Friday
Guam Community College has become a stronger, more vibrant institution because of the approximately $9 million it has received in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funding.