- Main Page for Admissions Process
- Current Student
- Returning Student
- Future Student
- Senior Citizen
- Current High School Student
- International Student
- Adult Education Student
- Transfer Student
Congratulations! It is never too late to pursue higher education. As a student over 55 who has been a Guam resident for the last 5 years, Guam Law provides you an opportunity to take certain classes and get certain fees at GCC waived. Students who are 55 and over and have been Guam residents for at least 5 years can take our regular 16 week courses and summer courses and have the applicable tuition and fees waived. Please be advised that 8 week courses and Special Project courses offered during the regular Fall and Spring semesters are not covered by the waiver. You will also be responsible for paying for the tuition and lab fees incurred for courses registered outside the regular term. If you have any questions regarding which of our courses are covered by the waiver, please see one of the GCC Counselors or Admissions & Registration. The waiver goes info effect the semester after the age of 55 is reached. Please bring in a valid ID to prove age and tax returns to prove residency.
Here's what you need to know to apply:
You can apply at any time during the year.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission.
- Request your official high school transcript, GED® certification or HiSet® certification to be sent to GCC if you plan to declare into a specific program of study and/or use Financial Aid.
- If you are planning to use Financial Aid, set up an appointment with Financial Aid and apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA. GCC’s school code is 015361. For more information regarding Financial Aid, click here.
- Visit the Student Health Center and submit the Student Health Information Form and your shot record to clear your health hold. They will advise you if additional information is required. For more information regarding the Student Health Center, click here.
- Sign up to take the Placement Test and View the GCC placement tool, this is not required but it will allow you to take courses which have a math or English placement requirement.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an academic counselor and register for classes. Together you'll review your test results and the counselor will help you select courses.
- Get your student ID.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Pay tuition and fees in full for courses that are offered outside the regular 16-week term (if applicable).
- Login to myGCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools such as web registration, final grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.