- Main Page for Admissions Process
- Current Student
- Returning Student
- Future Student
- Senior Citizen
- Current High School Student
- International Student
- Adult Education Student
- Transfer Student
- Continuing Education Student
Congratulations! Graduating from high school, or getting your GED® or HiSET® certificate, is no small feat. And enrolling at GCC is a step towards a career you can be proud of. In just two years, you could leave prepped and ready with an associate degree or one year for most certificate degrees. Or, if you're like most GCC students, you'll have your gen eds behind you and ready to the finish at a traditional four-year college or university.
If you are currently in high school and looking to get a jump on credits, you may want to dual-enroll in college classes – an option for high school juniors and seniors. Just check out the Steps to Dual Enroll at GCC and you're on your way.
Here's what you need to know to apply:
You can apply any time during the year.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission, if you are planning to declare major you will need to complete the Application For Admissions as a Declared Student as well.
- Request your official high school transcript, GED® certification or HiSet® certification to be sent to GCC.
- Set up an appointment with Financial Aid and apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA. GCC’s school code is 015361.
- Visit the Student Health Center and submit the Student Health Information Form and your shot record to clear your health hold. They will advise you if additional information is required.
- Sign up to take the Placement Test and View the GCC placement tool.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an academic counselor and register for classes. Together you'll review your test results and the counselor will help you select courses.
- Get your student ID.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Pay tuition and fees in full. If you are using Financial Aid, make sure you get your deferment letter. You'll be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date or make other arrangements.
- Tuition/fee information(Once you've been admitted to GCC, you can save time by paying online via myGCC student portal.)
- Login to myGCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools such as web registration, final grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.
As a student registering for courses, you acknowledge that you assume academic and financial responsibility for these adjustments to your registration. You acknowledge that you will be responsible for the full tuition and fees unless you officially drop courses before the end of the schedule adjustment period.