Apply for Grants
Apply for Grants
The Development and Alumni Relations office supports grant-project development and implementation at the college. The office assists faculty and staff seeking grant funding for programs that further institutional, divisional, departmental and programmatic goals.
Grants can be a great way to start or redesign, update or innovate a program. Please familiarize yourself with the information here, which can answer many of your questions about how to apply for grants at GCC.
Project Development Life Cycle
- Flesh out program director's project idea.
- Set up the project and/or proposal.
- Research funding opportunities.
- Develop proposal concept.
- Involve the grant's office.
- Direct questions to the grants office.
- Fill out grant proposal form. (link below)
- Obtain department approval.
- Obtain Dean’s approval.
- Craft proposal and build project team.
- Contact partners for letters of commitment and support.
- Write draft narrative and develop draft budget.
- Contact grants office as needed for technical assistance.
- Submit draft proposal to grants office for review and edit.
- Secure development office final approval.
- Development office submits final proposal.
The grant proposal form serves as an important tool. It lays out the essentials of your project, lets our office know what you need, and makes it easier for us to help you develop your grant while troubleshooting potential pitfalls. Be sure to fill out the form completely as it will facilitate the development of your project and associated budget.
The grants office cannot begin work on the proposed project until the form is completed, including departmental approval signatures, and returned to the development team.