Participate in the Great Guam ShakeOut Drill on October 15, 2020 at 10:15 AM and DROP, COVER and HOLD ON for at least 60 seconds.
Everyone can participate! Individuals, families schools, government agencies, businesses and other organizations are all invited to register.
Please maintain social distancing.
You are invited to join thousands of people who will “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” on October 15th at 10:15 a.m. in the 2020 Great Guam ShakeOut! More than 67 million people were registered in ShakeOut drills worldwide in 2019. Participating is a great way for your family or organization to become better prepared to survive and recover quickly from big earthquakes. Why is “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” important to practice? You may only have seconds to protect yourself in an earthquake before strong shaking knocks you down, or something falls on you. Practicing helps you be ready to react. Visit ShakeOut.org/dropcoverholdon to learn more.
Plan Your Drill:
• Register at ShakeOut.org/guam/register to be counted as participating, get email updates, and more.
• Download a Drill Broadcast recording from ShakeOut.org/guam/broadcast.
• Have a “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” drill at 10:15 a.m. on October 15. You can also practice other aspects of your emergency plan.
• Discuss what you learned and make improvements.
Get Prepared for Earthquakes:
• Do a “hazard hunt” for items that might fall during earthquakes and secure them.
• Create a personal disaster plan.
• Organize or refresh your emergency supply kits.
• Identify and correct any issues in your building’s structure.
• Other actions are at www.earthquakecountry.org.
Share the ShakeOut:
• Invite friends and family members to register.
• Encourage your community, employer, or other groups you are involved with to participate.
• Posters, flyers, and other promotional materials at ShakeOut.org/guam/resources.
• Share photos and stories of your drill at Shakeout.org/guam/share.
Register today at ShakeOut.org/guam