- Main Page for Admissions Process
- Current Student
- Returning Student
- Future Student
- Senior Citizen
- Current High School Student
- International Student
- Adult Education Student
- Transfer Student
- Continuing Education Student
If you're looking to transfer to GCC from another college or university, welcome. We will try our hardest to make sure most course credits you've earned will transfer to GCC. We've put together a list to make the transfer process as smooth as possible for you.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission, the Application to Declare as well so you can choose your specific program of study.
- Next, arrange to have your official transcripts from EACH institution you've attended sent to the Admissions & Registration Department. (Credits for courses with passing grades of “C” or better will be accepted at the registrar's and/or Department Chair’s discretion.)
- Submit a Request for Transfer Evaluation Form to Admissions & Registration. This is important – transcripts sent to GCC without this form won't be automatically evaluated!
- Your accepted transfer credits will be included in the cumulative hours of credit, but won't be calculated in your GPA.
- About 4-6 weeks after we receive all of your transcripts, you'll get a transfer evaluation report showing which courses were accepted.
- Set up an appointment with Financial Aid and apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA. GCC’s school code is 015361.
- Take the GCC Placement Test (if you have not completed college level English or Math elsewhere). View the GCC placement tool to understand your results. We will accept unofficial transcripts for preliminary placement purposes in lieu of test.
- Check the college catalog to make sure you have the required prerequisites or corequisites for the course – all prerequisites must be met prior to registration.If you took prerequisite courses at another college, please be sure you have the transcript or grade report in your admissions file or with you when you register.Check the course schedule for course eligibility.
- Get your student ID.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Pay tuition and fees in full. If you are using Financial Aid, make sure you get your deferment letter. You'll be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date or make other arrangements.
- Tuition/fee information(Once you've been admitted to GCC, you can save time by paying online via myGCC student portal.)
- Login to myGCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools such as web registration, final grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.