& TRAINING COMMISSION (POST)
(671) 735-5516 Ext. 5636 | P.O. Box 23069 GMF, Barrigada, Guam 96921
September 15, 2023 (Friday) / 10:30 a.m.
Guam P.O.S.T. Commission Meeting
Room 112, Learning Resource Center
(GCC Library), Building 4000
I. Call to Order; Roll Call by Agency & Name
II. Review & Approval of Minutes from February 9, 2023 regular meeting; July 6, 2023 and July 13, 2023 Special Meetings
III. Chairman/Vice Chairman Remarks
IV. Interim Executive Director-Moment of silence for the late Robert D. Camacho.
V. Old Business
1. General Force Leadership Structure Tier – update (POST Chair)
2. POST endeavor with POLICEONE – Implementation-update
3. Park Patrol Training Program – PENDING
4. Guam POST Commission Regulations. Peace Officer Certification of Departments: Operational Requirements-PENDING
VI. New Business
1. Guam P.O.S.T. Executive Director-update/recommendation for Interim-(POST Chair)
2. DISCUSSION on HOW to INCENTIVIZE the PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST
3. DISCUSSION on IMPLEMENTATION of INTERIM RECRUITMENT PROCESS to provide sworn LEO's much more expediently to LE Agencies.
4. Medical Program/Medical Profiles/POST Decertification:
a. Medical Profiles. Further Discussion on how to deal with extended medical profiles-moving forward.
Plan of action to address these concerns-moving forward.
b. POST Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program – further discussions moving forward to upkeep certification annually
(refer to presentation by POST Vice Chair)
c. POST Development of Rules and Process for Peace Officer decertification. Formalize committee and establish plan of action to be developed-moving forward. (POST Vice Chair)
VII. Next Scheduled Meeting: Fri., October 20, 2023, 10:30 a.m. (subject to change)