- Main Page for High School Programs
- CTE Programs
- CLYMER Program
- DEAL Program
- DCAPS Program
- Early Middle College
CLYMER program is not a scholarship - fees and tuition rates still apply.
CLYMER program is an option and is not mandated by the Guam Community College.
CLYMER is a program designed to help you
- Save money by avoiding developmental courses.
- Graduate on time with an Associate’s Degree.
- Transfer to a four-year institution and graduate in a timely manner.
CLYMER PROGRAM APPLICATION
Based on data from 2010 to Present, students who took MA110, MA161A, and EN110 upon graduating from high school or by participating in our DEAL program without taking any developmental courses performed as follows:
- MA110: Approximately 80% successfully completed MA110 with a “C” or better.
- MA161A: Approximately 90% successfully completed MA161A with a “C” or better.
- EN110: Approximately 85% successfully completed EN110 with a “C” or better.
- The student may choose to retake the course.
- The student may choose to take a developmental course based on the results of the class and the advisement of the instructor.
- The student may choose to take the placement exam to determine an appropriate developmental course.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CLYMER
Be a recent* graduate of one of the Guam Department of Education (GDOE) high schools.
*Have graduated from high school within two years of applying to GCC.
Provide transcripts with application.
TO ENROLL INTO MA110
Have completed Algebra II* with a “B” or better
Have a GPA of a 3.2 or better
*Algebra II is the Math eligibility requirement for Non-GDOE schools for the CLYMER program to enroll in MA110.
TO ENROLL INTO MA161A*
Have completed Trig/Analytical Geometry with a “B” or better.
Have a GPA of 3.4 or better.
*All CLYMER applicants for MA161A will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
TO ENROLL INTO EN110
Have completed English 12 or equivalent with a “B” or better.
Have a GPA of 3.2 or better.
Non-GDOE CLYMER participating schools (English Eligibility Requirements)
|Father Duenas Memorial School||
AP English Literature
|Academy of Our Lady of Guam||English IV|
|Notre Dame High School||
AP English Lit & Composition
|St. Paul Christian School||British Literature|
|Guam High School (DoDEA)||English 12|
|Marianas High School (Saipan)||
AP Language & Composition
If an interested applicant does not meet a specified grade requirement (due to a “C”) or does not meet a specified GPA requirement by 0.2 or less, the student may still apply, but must provide the following:
- A letter of recommendation from his or her two most recent math and/or English teachers providing an assessment of the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the college-level course(s) for which the applicant is applying.
- A letter from the applicant providing a self-assessment of his/her ability to successfully complete the college-level course(s) in which the applicant intends to enroll, and information about the applicant’s educational goals.