- Main Page for Admissions Process
- Current Student
- Returning Student
- Future Student
- Senior Citizen
- Current High School Student
- International Student
- Transfer Student
If you're looking to transfer to GCC from another college or university, welcome. We will try our hardest to make sure most course credits you've earned will transfer to GCC. We've put together a list to make the transfer process as smooth as possible for you.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission AY 2020-2021 (New). Please include a copy of your photo ID if you are submitting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next, arrange to have your official transcripts from EACH institution you've attended sent to the Admissions & Registration Department. (Credits for courses with passing grades of “C” or better will be accepted at the registrar's and/or Department Chair’s discretion.)
- Your accepted transfer credits will be included in the cumulative hours of credit, but won't be calculated in your GPA.
- About 4-6 weeks after we receive all of your transcripts, you'll get a notification to review your credits on your MyGCC portal.
- In the meantime, set up an appointment with Financial Aid and apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA. GCC’s school code is 015361.
- Take the GCC Placement Test (if you have not completed college-level English or Math elsewhere). View the GCC placement tool to understand your results. We will accept unofficial transcripts for preliminary placement purposes in lieu of test.
- Check the college catalog to make sure you have the required prerequisites or corequisites for the course – all prerequisites must be met prior to registration.If you took prerequisite courses at another college, please be sure you have the transcript or grade report in your admissions file or with you when you register. Check the course schedule for course eligibility.
- Get your student ID.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Pay tuition and fees in full. If you are using Financial Aid, make sure you get your deferment letter. You'll be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date or make other arrangements.
- Tuition/fee information(Once you've been admitted to GCC, you can save time by paying online via myGCC student portal.)
- Login to MyGCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools such as web registration, final grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.
Please be advised the of the following:
As a student registering for courses, you acknowledge that you assume academic and financial responsibility for these adjustments to your registration. You acknowledge that you will be responsible for the full tuition and fees unless you officially drop courses before the end of the schedule adjustment period.