The CLYMER program allows for high school graduates, or currently 11th and 12th grade students, who meet all eligibility requirements the option to enroll directly into college-level Math and/or English courses without having to take a placement exam.
All applicants for CLYMER must send a transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please review eligibility requirement below prior to submitting an application.
For more information, please contact the Assessment and Counseling Department.
Request for Virtual or Walk-in Counseling Services
Virtual and Walk-in Counseling Services Schedule
Mondays – Fridays
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Students will be contacted in the order in which requests are received during regular hours of operation from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
(Closed on GovGuam Holidays. All other hours by appointment only)
- Eliminate taking the college placement test because of good grades in high school.
- Save money by avoiding developmental courses.
- Graduate on time with an Associate’s Degree.
- Transfer to a four-year institution and graduate in a timely manner.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CLYMER
Currently an 11th or 12th grade high school student
Be a RECENT* graduate from high schools.
*Have graduated from high school within two years of applying to GCC.
Applicants must provide transcripts with application.
TO ENROLL INTO MA110A/ MA115 / MA151
Have completed Algebra II* with a “B” or better
Have a GPA of a 3.2 or better
*Algebra II is the Math eligibility requirement for Non-GDOE schools for the CLYMER program to enroll in MA110A / MA115.
TO ENROLL INTO MA161A / MA165 / MA203*
Have completed Trig/Analytical Geometry or Pre-calculus with a “B” or better.
Have a GPA of 3.4 or better.
*All CLYMER applicants for MA161A/MA165/MA203 will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
TO ENROLL INTO EN110
Have completed English 12 or equivalent, or English 11 Honors/AP or equivalent as approved by GCC with a “B” or better.
Have a GPA of 3.2 or better.
- The CLYMER program is not a scholarship. Fees and tuition rates still apply.
- The CLYMER program is an option and is not mandated by the Guam Community College.
- MA110A & MA115: Approximately 80% successfully completed MA110 with a “C” or better.
- MA161A: Approximately 90% successfully completed MA161A with a “C” or better.
- EN110: Approximately 85% successfully completed EN110 with a “C” or better.
- The student may choose to retake the course.
- The student may choose to take a developmental course based on the results of the class and the advisement of the instructor.
- The student may choose to take the placement exam to determine an appropriate developmental course.
Non-GDOE CLYMER participating schools (English Eligibility Requirements)
|Father Duenas Memorial School||
AP English Literature
|Academy of Our Lady of Guam||English IV|
|Notre Dame High School||
AP English Lit & Composition
|St. Paul Christian School||British Literature|
|Guam High School (DoDEA)||English 12|
|Marianas High School (Saipan)||
AP Language & Composition
My grade is a C and my GPA is lower than 3.2, can I still try to apply?
If an interested applicant does not meet a specified grade requirement (due to a “C”) or does not meet a specified GPA requirement by 0.2 or less, the student may still apply, but must provide the following:
- A letter from the applicant providing a self-assessment of his/her ability to successfully complete the college-level course(s) in which the applicant intends to enroll, and information about the applicant’s educational goals.