CLYMER is a program designed to help you
- Eliminate taking the college placement test because of good grades in high school.
- Save money by avoiding developmental courses.
- Graduate on time with an Associate’s Degree.
- Transfer to a four-year institution and graduate in a timely manner.
How CLYMER Works
Based on data from 2010 to Present, students who took MA110, MA115, MA161A, and EN110 upon graduating from high school or by participating in our DEAL program without taking any developmental courses performed as follows:
- MA110 & MA115: Approximately 80% successfully completed MA110 with a “C” or better.
- MA161A: Approximately 90% successfully completed MA161A with a “C” or better.
- EN110: Approximately 85% successfully completed EN110 with a “C” or better.
- The student may choose to retake the course.
- The student may choose to take a developmental course based on the results of the class and the advisement of the instructor.
- The student may choose to take the placement exam to determine an appropriate developmental course.
Who is Eligible for CLYMER?
Be a RECENT* graduate of one of the Guam Department of Education (GDOE) high schools.
*Have graduated from high school within two years of applying to GCC. Must provide transcripts with application.
TO ENROLL INTO MA110 / MA115
Have completed Algebra II* with a “B” or better
Have a GPA of a 3.2 or better
*Algebra II is the Math eligibility requirement for Non-GDOE schools for the CLYMER program to enroll in MA110 / MA115.
TO ENROLL INTO MA161A*
Have completed Trig/Analytical Geometry with a “B” or better.
Have a GPA of 3.4 or better.
*All CLYMER applicants for MA161A will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
TO ENROLL INTO EN110
Have completed English 12 or equivalent with a “B” or better.
Have a GPA of 3.2 or better.
Non-GDOE CLYMER participating schools (English Eligibility Requirements)
|Father Duenas Memorial School||
AP English Literature
|Academy of Our Lady of Guam||English IV|
|Notre Dame High School||
AP English Lit & Composition
|St. Paul Christian School||British Literature|
|Guam High School (DoDEA)||English 12|
|Marianas High School (Saipan)||
AP Language & Composition
My grade is a C and my GPA is lower than 3.2, can I still try to apply?
If an interested applicant does not meet a specified grade requirement (due to a “C”) or does not meet a specified GPA requirement by 0.2 or less, the student may still apply, but must provide the following:
- A letter of recommendation from his or her two most recent math and/or English teachers providing an assessment of the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the college-level course(s) for which the applicant is applying.
- A letter from the applicant providing a self-assessment of his/her ability to successfully complete the college-level course(s) in which the applicant intends to enroll, and information about the applicant’s educational goals.