- Main Page for Admissions Process
- Current Student
- Returning Student
- Future Student
- Senior Citizen
- Current High School Student
- International Student
- Adult Education Student
- Transfer Student
- Continuing Education Student
At GCC we strive to do our best to ensure educational success for some of the nation’s best and brightest students – our service members and veterans.
With a dedicated veteran services coordinator (who is a veteran), a Student Veterans Lounge and other military-affiliated students attending GCC, service members and veterans here are never far from their peers.
Here's what you need to know to make the admissions process as smooth as possible:
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission, the Application to Declare as well so you can choose your specific program of study.
- Request that your military transcript (https://jst.doded.mil) and official transcripts from EACH educational institution you've attended be sent to the GCC Admissions & Registration Department.
- Complete the form Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit About 4-6 weeks after we receive all of your transcripts, you'll receive a transfer evaluation report showing which courses were accepted.
- Visit the Student Health Center and submit the Student Health Information Form and your shot record to clear your health hold. They will advise you if additional information is required.
- Take the GCC Placement Test (if you have not completed college level English or Math elsewhere). View the GCC placement tool to understand your results. We will accept unofficial transcripts for preliminary placement purposes in lieu of test.
- Visit an Academic Counselor to get enrolled in classes. Take time to meet with the coordinator of veteran services to discuss VA education funding.
- Get your student ID.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Login to myGCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools such as web registration, final grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.