- Main Page for Admissions Process
- Current Student
- Returning Student
- Future Student
- Senior Citizen
- Current High School Student
- International Student
- Adult Education Student
- Transfer Student
- Continuing Education Student
At GCC we strive to do our best to ensure educational success for some of the nation’s best and brightest students – our service members and veterans.
With a dedicated veteran services coordinator (who is a veteran), a Student Veterans Lounge and other military-affiliated students attending GCC, service members and veterans here are never far from their peers.
Here's what you need to know to make the admissions process as smooth as possible:
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission.
- Request that your military transcript (https://jst.doded.mil) and official transcripts from EACH educational institution you've attended be sent to the GCC Admissions & Registration Department.
- Complete the form Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit About 4-6 weeks after we receive all of your transcripts, you'll receive a transfer evaluation report showing which courses were accepted.
- Visit the Student Health Center and submit the Student Health Information Form and your shot record to clear your health hold. They will advise you if additional information is required.
- Take the GCC Placement Test (if you have not completed college-level English or Math elsewhere). View the GCC placement tool to understand your results. We will accept unofficial transcripts for preliminary placement purposes in lieu of the test.
- Visit an Academic Counselor to get enrolled in classes. Take time to meet with the coordinator of veteran services to discuss VA education funding.
- Get your student ID.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Login to myGCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools such as web registration, final grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news, and events in the portal.