We serve those who serve our country by making education a reality by offering a special tuition reduction to (eligible) veterans, military members and their families. With a dedicated Veterans Club, we help guide you in achieving your academic goals as well as assist with the transition into civilian and college life.
Here's what you need to know to make the Financial Aid process as smooth as possible:
Use the following links to help guide you through the process.
- Apply. Complete an Application for Admission AY 2021 (Online). Please include a copy of your photo ID if you are submitting via email to email@example.com.
- Transcripts. Request for a Military Transcript and an Official Transcript from Educational Institutions you have attended. Submit your transcripts to GCC Admissions & Registration
- Evaluation. Complete the Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit form and submit to GCC Admissions & Registration (Note: After GCC receives all incoming transcripts, there will be 4–6 weeks evaluation period). After the evaluation period, you will receive a Transfer Evaluation Report (via mail) with the accepted transferable courses.
- Health Clearance. Submit the Student Health Information Form and your Shot Record to the Student Health Center.
- Placement Test. Schedule and take the GCC Placement Test (if you have not completed college-level English or Math elsewhere). View the GCC placement tool to understand your results. We will accept unofficial transcripts for preliminary placement purposes in lieu of the test.
- Academic Advising. Seek an Academic Advisor and take time to meet with the Coordinator of Veteran Services to discuss VA education funding. Good advising leads to long-term success.
- Get a Student ID. (Building B. Student Support Services) With your student ID, you will be able to have access to different types of resources on campus, such as the library, computer labs and student activities.
- Purchase Textbooks. (GCC Bookstore)
- Login to MyGCC (Student Portal). MyGCC provides tools and information, such as events, announcements, online registration, academic resources, and contact information that only GCC students can access.
Veterans Club Advisor
VA Education Benefits Point of Contact:
Virginia C. Tudela, Ph.D.
Department of Defense(DOD)-MOU Point of Contact
Esther A. Rios
School Certifying Official
Guam Community College, Financial Aid Office
Student Administration Building
Building 2000, Rooms 2114, 2115 & 2116