For Research Students
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – April 24, 2023
The Consulate-General of Japan announced today that the Japanese government is offering the Research Students scholarship to qualified applicants who wish to study at Japanese universities under the Japanese Government Monbukagakusho [Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)] Scholarship Program for 2024.
To apply, applicants must:
- Hold U.S. citizenship and live in Guam or CNMI
(U.S. citizens who hold dual citizenship with Japan may apply under the condition they relinquish their Japanese citizenship upon selection.);
- Be born on or after April 2, 1989;
- Be a university graduate (at the time of participation in the program)
- Be able to leave for and arrive in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2024, or within two weeks of the date set by the receiving university for the beginning of the semester;
- Conduct research in the same or related field majored as an undergraduate;
- Be able to contact and obtain a letter of acceptance from a professor at the Japanese University they wish to enter.
All applications submitted to the Consulate-General of Japan by the deadline stated below will be screened. Those candidates who pass the initial screening will be invited for the first screening at the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtña.
Completed application must be received by the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtña no later than Friday, June 2, 2023, in order to be considered.
For more information and an application form, please visit https://www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/smap-stopj-applications-research.html
Contact: Naoko Leasiolagi at (671)646-1290