ADULT HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA PROGRAM
"It's never too late to graduate."
Adult High School Student Organization (AHSSO) teaches students leadership skills to function in the world of work. It also helps students to realize their self-worth, dignity, and potential self-growth as future contributors to Guam's community.
The Adult High School Diploma Program (AHSDP) offers individuals ages 16 and older the opportunity to earn credits toward their diploma while receiving education and training, in preparation for the workplace and/or postsecondary education. Students will be required to apply for admission to the College as a diploma student once they are determined to be eligible to participate in the AHSDP. The core courses (English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Technical Studies) will be covered through the Workforce Innovative Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds. Students taking CTE (electives) and other courses will be referred to Department of Labor, American Job Center for financial assistance for tuition, books, and lab fees.
Medical Assisting, Practical Nursing, Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Management, Early Childhood, Cosmetology, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Emergency Management, Marketing, Automotive, Construction Technology, Surveying, Visual Communication, Office Technology, Supervision & Management, Education, or Accounting.GCC Student Job Announcements
The GCC Advantage
Adult High School Diploma program is accredited by the Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Prior to enrollment into GCC's Adult High School Diploma program, individuals must be 16 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school under Guam law and is -
- Basic skills deficient;
- Does not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, and has not achieved an equivalent level of education; or
- An English language learner who has limited ability in reading, writing, speaking, or comprehending the English language and whose native language is a language other than English or lives in a family or community environment where a language other than English is the dominant language.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion this program, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and listening, language, and mathematical skills necessary for the workplace and postsecondary education.
- Read and analyze complex informational text independently in a variety of content areas.
- Read and analyze appropriate concepts and procedures in content areas.
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired through experience and education to become more productive in the workforce.
- Academic Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Workplace Readiness Counseling
- Transition into Postsecondary Counseling
The mission of the Adult High School Diploma Program is to assist students with completion of a secondary high school diploma requirement and transition into postsecondary education and/or workforce.
Contact InformationLocation: Foundation Building, 2nd FloorPhone: 671.735.6016
Fax: 671.734.6002Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org