Academic Advising at the College is a process that assists students in clarifying their life and career goals as they develop their educational plan. Since academic advising is also a decision-making process, the ongoing communication is the responsibility of both the student and his/her advisor.
Academic Advising goes beyond requirements and registration. It is an educational and career plan developed between the student and the advisor.
Guam Community College partners with its students to succeed. This is reflected in the following activities:
· Assisting students in clarifying, articulating, and attaining academic and life goals;
· Facilitating each student’s academic adjustment to the campus;
· Educating students to assess academic progress and develop appropriate educational plans;
· Explaining and clarifying graduation requirements and academic rules and regulations;
· Serving as advocates and mediators for students; and
· Referring students to appropriate departments or programs to meet student needs.
· The student is expected to meet with his/her academic advisor regularly to plan an academic program and review achievement.
Advisor assignments are made in accordance with the student’s program of study and are intended to be continuous throughout the student’s college career. Additional information may be obtained from the Admissions and Registration Office, Student Services & Administration Building, 1st floor.
If you do not know who your advisor is, log on to your MyGCC account, click on the “My Courses” tab, on the right side under “Academic Profile” click and select a term, the name of your advisor should appear towards the bottom. Or you may contact the Registrar’s office for assistance at 735-5535 or 735-5561.
Department Chairperson of Programs:
Simone Bollinger (English/Liberal Studies)
E Building, Room E-201
Contact Number: 735-0268
Christopher Dennis (Automotive)
Contact Number: 735-5602
Ava Garcia (Adult Education)
Foundation Building, Room 6202C
Contact Number: 735-6013
Dorothy Manglona (Allied Health)
Allied Health Building, Room 3214
Contact Number: 735 – 7006
Amada Manzana(Marketing /Visual Communications)
Tech Center, Room 1205
Contact Number: 735-3027
Dr. Marsha Postrozny (Education / Early Childhood Education/Cosmetology)
E Building, Room E-101
Contact Number: 735-0260
Pete Roberto (Criminal Justice/Human Services/Social Sciences)
Building A, Room A-10
Contact Number: 735-5570
Marivic Schrage (Tourism & Hospitality)
Student Services and Administration Building, Room 2132
Contact Number: 735-5629
Carl Torres (Math/Science)
A Building, Room A6
Contact Number: 735-5634
Ricky Tyquiengco (Electronics / Computer Science / Office Technology)
Tech Center, Room 1216
Gil Yanger (Construction Trades)
Contact Number: 735-5601