ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
"It's never too late to graduate."
Program DescriptionEnglish as a Second Language (ESL) courses are designed to introduce students to the English language. Emphasis is placed on practicing oral and listening skills by using audio tapes to distinguish between vowels/consonants sounds, phrases, and shorten sentences, building vocabulary, and by performing task-oriented activities in pairs or groups.
Medical Assisting, Practical Nursing, Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Management, Early Childhood, Cosmetology, Computer Science, Computer Networking, Criminal Justice, Emergency Management, Marketing, Automotive, Construction Technology, Surveying, Visual Communications, Office Technology, Supervision & Management, Education, or Accounting.The GCC Advantage
The English as a Second Language (ESL) program is accredited by Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.Academic Advising
Persons wishing to enroll in the English as a Second Language (ESL) program must:
- be 16 years of age or older;
- not be enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under Guam law;
- not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent;
- lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills that would enable the individual to function effectively in society; and,
- not able to speak, read, or write the English language.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- apply reading comprehension skills;
- demonstrate listening skills;
- communicate verbally in English; and,
- apply basic writing skills.
English as a Second Language (ESL) courses as needed.
The mission of the English As a Second Language (ESL) program is to introduce students to the English language.
Contact InformationLocation: Foundation Building, 2nd FloorPhone: 671.735.6008-11
Fax: 671.734.6002Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.e-mail: email@example.com